Senior Systems Engineer
Security Clearance: Current Department of Defense (DoD) Top Secret - Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) with Polygraph clearance is required.
Description: Braxton-Grant Technologies is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer with experience performing the following:
• Analyze user’s requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications
• Analyze system requirements and leads design and development activities
• Guide users in formulating requirements, advise alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies
• Provide technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology
• Incorporate new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations
• Develop technical documentation
• Develop system Architecture and system design documentation
• Guide system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans
• Interact with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts
• Responsible for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility
• Communicate with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives.
• Contribute to the development of sections of systems engineering documentation such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, • • Requirements specifications, and Interface Control Documents
• Manage system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the delivery of production systems that are compatible with the defined system architecture(s) – Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF), Service-oriented Architecture (SOA), etc.
• Assist with the development of system requirements, functional requirements, and allocation of the same to individual hardware, software, facility, and personnel components
• Coordinate the resolution of action items from Configuration Control Board (CCB) meetings, design reviews, program reviews, and test reviews that require cross-discipline coordination
• Participate in an Integrated Product Team to design new capabilities based upon evaluation of all necessary development and operational considerations
• Participate in the development of system engineering documentation, such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements Specifications, and Interface Control Documents
• Participate in interface definition, design, and changes to the configuration between affected groups and individuals throughout the life cycle
• Allocate real-time process budgets and error budgets to systems and subsystem components
• Derive from the system requirements an understanding of stakeholder needs, functions that may be logically inferred and implied as essential to system effectiveness
• Derive lower-level requirements from higher-level allocated requirements that describe in detail the functions that a system component must fulfill, and ensure these requirements are complete, correct, unique, unambiguous, realizable, and verifiable
• Generate alternative system concepts, physical architectures, and design solutions
• Participate in establishing and gaining approval of the definition of a system or component under development (requirements, designs, interfaces, test procedures, etc.) that provides a common reference point for hardware and software developers
• Define the methods, processes, and evaluation criteria by which the systems, subsystems and work products are verified against their requirements in a written plan
• Develop system design solution that satisfies the system requirements and fulfills the functional analysis
• Develop derived requirements for Information Assurance Services (Confidentiality, Integrity, Non repudiation, and Availability); Basic Information Assurance Mechanisms (e.g., Identification, Authentication, Access Control, Accountability); and Security Mechanism Technology (Passwords, cryptography, discretionary access control, mandatory access control, hashing, key management, etc.)
• Review and provide input to program and contract work breakdown structure (WBS), work packages and the integrated master plan (IMP)
• Provide technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of specific components of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/non-technical assessment and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis
• Implement comprehensive SOA solutions
• Implement operational view, technical standards view, and system and services view for architectures using applicable DoDAF standards
• Develop scenarios (threads) and an Operational Concept that describes the interactions between the system, the user, and the environment that satisfies operational, support, maintenance, and disposal needs
• Review and/or approve system engineering documentation to ensure that processes and specifications meet system needs and are accurate, comprehensive, and complete
• Conduct quantitative analysis in non-functional system performance areas like Reliability, Maintainability, Vulnerability, Survivability, Produce-ability, etc.)
• Establish and follow a formal procedure for coordinating system integration activities among multiple teams, ensuring complete coverage of all interfaces
• Capture all interface designs in a common interface control format, and store interface data in a commonly accessible repository
• Prepare time line analysis diagrams illustrating the flow of time-dependent functions
• Establish a process to formally and proactively control and manage changes to requirements, consider impacts prior to commitment to change, gain stakeholder buy-in, eliminate ambiguity, ensure traceability to source requirements, and track and settle open actions
• Assess each risk to the program and determine the probability of occurrence and quantified consequence of failure in accordance with an approved risk management plan
• Manage and ensure the technical integrity of the system baseline over time, continually updating it as various changes are imposed on the system during the lifecycle from development through deployment and operations & maintenance
• In conjunction with system stakeholders, plan the verification efforts of new and unproven designs early in the development life cycle to ensure compliance with established requirements
• Support the planning and test analysis of the DoD Certification/Accreditation Process (as well as other Government Certification and Accreditation (C&A) processes)
• Support the development and review of Joint Capability Integration Development System (JCIDS) documents (i.e., Initial Capability Document, Capabilities Description Document, IA Strategy)
Education: Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
• Fourteen (14) years of experience as a System Engineer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity.
• Five (5) years of demonstrated experience in Computer Network Operations - Protection Level (PL) 3 high/high solutions utilizing Layer 2 to Layer 7
Security + Certification
• Experience operating, managing, monitoring, and deploying network security devices and systems, using advanced knowledge of security networking devices such as: application, proxy, and packet based firewalls (i.e. McAfee Enterprise firewall appliances, Control Center Management appliances, IPSEC, SSL and SSH applications, Cisco Secure Access Control Servers (ACS), Cisco Security Manager (CSM), Cisco VPN and firewall devices, Web Proxy, Load balancer, and related software and hardware used in LAN/WAN networks).
• Ability to work independently with little direction and guidance.
• CCNP Security and/or CCNA Security certification
• ITIL certification
Company Overview: Founded in 1997, Braxton-Grant Technologies, Inc., (BGTech) is a customer focused Woman-Owned Small Disadvantaged Business Cybersecurity consulting firm, specializing in network and data security. BGTech offers leading edge integration solutions to meet the ever-changing needs of today's dynamic network security environment by providing a range of services with an emphasis on information and cybersecurity. Services include: Managed Security Services, Hardware & Software Sales; Training; Support Desk; and Professional Services such as Cybersecurity Architecture and Engineering, Network Assessments, Vulnerability Scanning and Analysis, and Product Implementation.
Comments are closed