Network Engineer – Lead
Security Clearance: United States Government TS/SCI with Polygraph required
Description: a Senior Network Engineer to lead a team performing OCONUS network implementations.
• Document engineering plans and site installation technical design packages.
• Coordinate analysis, acquisition, and installation of hardware and software.
• Provide network engineering for CONUS and OCONUS networks and perform network implementations
• Deploy to CONUS, OCONUS, and hostile locations to perform network engineering and equipment upgrades and troubleshooting
• Provide information to update System Security Plans (SSPs).
• Maintain and manage all CAN/LAN/WAN devices on a global scale
• Remotely log-in to Cisco/Brocade/Juniper devices at global field sites
• Provide recommendations for determining and setting network performance thresholds
• Troubleshoot network connectivity issues with workstations, servers, VoIP phones and printers
• Implement configuration changes according to customer requirements
• Activation of new circuits from an initial state
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline. Four years of relevant experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s Degree.
Minimum of eight (8) years of related experience with Brocade network equipment
• Background with a variety of IT systems, networks, hardware and software
• Experience maintaining complex IT infrastructures
• Experience performing network implementations and deployments
• Must be able to work with other administrators at both the enterprise and local level
• Must be able to interact with a wide range of technical staff and management.
• Self-motivated with limited supervision.
• Required to travel 60-70% of the time to OCONUS (non-hostile) locations
• Must meet the requirements for DoD 8570 IAT Level II Compliance (Security+ CE, CCNA-Security, etc)
Comments are closed